We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
This Policy should be read carefully alongside, and in addition to, our Website Terms and Conditions. By using this website, you agree to the terms of this Policy (including as updated or amended from time to time).
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If, for any reason, you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please stop using this website immediately.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, apply for one of our job vacancies, make a general enquiry and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your:
- name, contact information including home address, email address, home telephone number and mobile number;
- information such as preferences and interests;
- optional information for equality monitoring purposes as part of job applications, for example ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs; and
- other information relevant to job applications, customer surveys, and/or offers.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information for the following reasons:
- to process any job application you make;
- for internal record keeping and internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website and services;
- to periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which may be of interest to you, but only if you have provided your consent;
- to contact you by email or phone for market research purposes from time to time; to customise our website according to your interests; and
- to keep our website safe and secure.
As we are an international company, it may be necessary to transfer your personal information outside of the EU to countries which may have different data protection laws. In such instances, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is held securely.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. When visiting such sites, you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you consent to your information being used by us for direct marketing purposes. We will only use your information for direct marketing purposes where you have specifically given consent for us to do so.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at MTR Corporation (Crossrail) Limited, Providence House, Providence Place, Islington, London N1 0NT or emailing us at email@example.com
- To remove your job profile from the careers site email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about us or third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MTR Corporation (Crossrail) Limited, Providence House, Providence Place, Islington, London N1 0NT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This Policy is effective from 14 November 2014.